Free State 12
Call for Submissions
Write for Crash Ensemble, Ireland’s leading new music group and have it performed at Ireland’s dedicated New Music Festival - New Music Dublin.
New Music Dublin and Crash Ensemble are commissioning five works for performance in Free State #12 in the Festival in March 2020. Up-and-coming Irish composers will be selected from open submission by Ed Bennett and Crash, Ed Bennett will also mentor the selected composers as they write new works which will be workshopped by Crash prior to performance and live recording.
What we ask of applicants:
- Be born in or currently resident in Ireland (Rep. and NI).
- Send one piece per composer, which is reflective of your work. This is a piece of existing work, and will be used for the adjudication process.
- Send your score as a PDF, with a MP3/electronic mock up (if you have one) and include your name and contact details on a separate page/cover email.
- We will be selecting works ‘blind’ so don't put your name on the score or mp3* (send personal details in your email only).
- Successful applicants will then be commissioned to create an entire new work as outlined below.
Commissioned works will be for:
- Full ensemble (Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass/ Electric Bass, Piano, Electric Guitar, Percussion, Clarinet/ Bass Clarinet, Flute/ Piccolo, Trombone)
Duration of 5-7 minutes.
Can include electronics. (These can be live electronics if you like – we'd love to have you on stage with us).
*It is very important the submissions are anonymous: that there is no indication of the composer's name or any other personal details anywhere in the track. Therefore, please do not include your name in the track title and please do not write your name or any other personal information in the Meta Data when making the audio file, .wav or .mp3. It is important we listen to these pieces 'blind'.
Deadline: Wednesday 11th September 2019, 5pm.
Submit by Email: lina [at] crashensemble.com (subject: Free%20State%2012%20) (please title 'Free State 12')