CEO – CRASH ENSEMBLE
Crash Ensemble is Ireland’s leading new-music ensemble; a group of world-class musicians who play the most adventurous, ground-breaking music of today. Founded in 1997 by composer Donnacha Dennehy, some of the most distinctive living composers have written for the group.
As well as performing throughout Ireland, Crash regularly perform internationally, with appearances in the last few years at the Edinburgh International Festival, The Royal Opera House (London), The Barbican (London), Carnegie Hall (NYC), and The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington DC).
Crash is now recruiting an enthusiastic, passionate CEO to join and lead its small team of staff and musicians.
The CEO will lead the ensemble through its next phase of development while also consolidating a sustainable and resilient business model.
You will engage with a diverse group of stakeholders from musicians and venue promoters to the Board and funders such as the Arts Council, therefore, excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills are essential.
Previous senior management experience is required as well as strong strategic and finance acumen. It is important that you have a genuine interest and appreciation for the arts and music, and an understanding of artistic processes and artist development would be highly beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operational management of the company
- Working with the Artistic Director on Crash’s artistic vision and planning
- Managing existing relationships with core funders - The Arts Council, Dublin City Council and Culture Ireland
- Identifying and developing new income generation and fundraising activities in conjunction with the management team and the Board of Directors including writing grant applications
- Developing the ensemble brand and profile nationally and internationally
- Exploring opportunities for creative partnerships
If you’re a creative thinker with strong networking skills and the confidence to work independently and as part of a small team to drive projects from beginning to end, who can demonstrate adaptability within a fast-paced, changing environment, we’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email recruitment [at] charitycareersireland.ie (recruitment [at] charitycareersireland.ie) for the full job description, candidate information pack and application details for this role. Please state the job title and organisation in the subject of your email.
The recruitment campaign for the role of CEO is being managed exclusively on behalf of Crash Ensemble by non-profit specialist recruitment consultancy CCI Executive Search.
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday, 25th January